Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Why Blog?

Why Blog? I'm not quite sure, but I have a very strong feeling that it boils down to PRESSURE. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I can't read a writing blog these days without seeing terms like "social media" and "author platform" repeated more times that I can count. Frankly I'm getting rather tired of reading about everything I should be doing that I'm not so, as a result, I have decided to drink the kool-aid.

Will it work? Who can say. I don't know what I have to contribute to the internet universe, but I'll give it a whirl. In reading all of these blogs, one thing I've learned is that no successful blog will happen overnight and that it could be at least a year or two before a blogger will begin to see any substantial results, so I guess there's no time like the present.

I am a newbie writer, currently revising the novel I wrote during the 2011 NaNoWriMo. I am in love with all of the characters in my book and, although I have a history of dropping projects for new ones quite quickly, I am determined to rewrite my book into something that will be suitable for an agent to consider.

So, I hope you like my little blog and find at least one thing I have to say useful for you. Comments are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment